Thursday, January 27, 2011

painting baskets

The best thing about having your own tiny apartment is having your own bathroom. My bathroom is beautiful, not literally, but I love it so much. No sharing shampoo, no gross hair clogging up the drain…none of that crap. I don’t think I can ever go back to sharing a bathroom lol.


I was cleaning my bathroom yesterday and decided to tidy up my shelves. A long, long time ago there were bi-fold doors covering that nook, but they stupidly took them off. Now I’m left with showing all my guests my hair stuff, perfumes, q-tips…everything your supposed to hide. I also didn’t know what to do with the awkward space on the bottom. Nothing really fits in there so I just had my cleaning products there.





It’s very subtle but can you tell the difference? I put some stuff in the medicine cabinet and threw some stuff out that I didn’t need anymore. Do you like what I did with the nook? I put one of my random baskets there to hold some towels. I really liked it….but……I hated the color. It didn’t match with my white and gray Paris thing I had going, so I spray-painted it.





I took it to my work dungeon and sprayed it down with my white spray. (Yes that is a teletubby in the background) Here’s what it looks like so far. It’s grabbing pretty well but I’m going to do 1 or 2 more coats. I’ll let you know how it turns out.






No comments: