Thursday, January 13, 2011

glass chandelier

I was looking at my glass block windows the other day and realized that I was missing an opportunity to decorate it. I don’t have any window treatments up because I didn’t want to block the little bit of light I get, so I thought of ways to spruce it up a little.

I have a basement full of junk that I have saved from school projects and random things I’ve kept throughout the years. While looking through all my crap I found some glass sheets that I kept from a poster frame. I knew I wanted to do something with them someday and today was that day. I grabbed those glass sheets and went to work.

I jumped on google and researched chandeliers and picked a picture I was happy with. I printed it out and cut it out with scissors and an exacto knife for the hard parts. When I was done I grabbed my Spray Mount and glued it to the glass sheet. Then I spray painted the entire sheet and let it dry for 20 minutes. Presto! I have a fancy shmancy chandelier sitting on my window sill that lets the sun shine through.

These pics were taken at night, but you get the idea!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

LMAO @ the picture of you and mike tonguing!

p.s. I feel kinda weird about it but...i like your blog...nice job!

G's_art said...

LOL! I wanted to show the world how much I love my boyfriend ;) And thanks! Keep reading :P