Monday, February 7, 2011

boyfriend bedroom part 1

Like most guys in the world, my boyfriend doesn't care about decorating. He could care less if his bedskirt matches his pillows or if his ceiling has a slight hole in it. I've been with him for almost 6 years and he has never changed his bedroom....ever! Meanwhile I've had 3 different paint jobs, 2 different beds, new desks, dressers, etc. I'm just never satisfied! But he is fine with his bedroom just the way it was decorated in 1999.

Well he has finally decided to update his bedroom. *Excited shrieking*

We have a lot of work to do, and I mean A LOT!

I'll just give you a glimpse of his blue bedroom.


As you can see, that color has got to go! But that's not all...

This is our To Do List
1. Declutter
2. Dust
3. Spackle ceiling
4. Prime
5. Paint ceiling
6. Paint walls
7. Hang window treatments
8. Buy bedding
9. Paint dresser
10. Rearrange furniture
11. Throw desk away
12. Organize closet

That's all I can think of right now, but I know there's more lol. But check out the spackle job we did with his ceiling. (His roof was leaking a while ago and it leaked right on top of his bedroom *sad face*) Sure, the spackle got in our eyes a million times but in my Larry David voice,
I think it's "Pretty pretty prettttyyyyyy good." :P






1 comment:

Unknown said...

My boyfriend & I are just about to undertake the same challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing the final result for inspiration/motivation :) good luck