Tuesday, April 12, 2011

island lovin'

When I got home from work yesterday, my brother and mom had already started on the kitchen update. I’m a little nervous about showing the photos because it was right in the middle of unloading cabinets and moving stuff around…so it kinda looks like a cross between a tornado hitting the kitchen and an episode of hoarders. I swear everyone, it usually doesn’t look that bad! Lol. But since I said I was going to take “before” pics, I had to settle for “in progress” shots. As much as I hate to show you them, I keep it real…below are photos of my messy kitchen. :)

The first thing I did was move some stuff out so I wouldn’t feel so closter phobic in the disorganized kitchen. Then I focused on the island, which meant cleaning it, sanding the wood and painting it. And just so everyone knows, the Method cleaner that I used was amazing! I loveeeeee it and  I think everyone should have a bottle of it at home. Anyways, check out the transformation of the island. I used the same paint I used for the doormat. I’m loving that black backing now, and I think it’s going to look fantastic with the stools I’m painting too.  I only painted 2, just to see how long it would take to cure.  This morning they were dry, but I’ll still wait until tomorrow to let anyone sit on them. Last thing I need is someone getting black oil-based paint on their clothes and blaming me for it.

I also took off two cabinet doors. I have to admit it was a little jarring at first, seeing the big empty spot above the oven, but once we put those glass containers in there it felt perfect.  My mom had 2 of those jars already but it didn’t fill the space up enough, so I donated mine. I guess it was for a good cause lol. We still have to fill the top shelf with something, so I put a basket in there to see what it looked like, but we’re not totally sold on that look. We’ll see. Now I just have to buy black contact paper and line that cabinet. I think it’s going to look really cool and look like it’s outlined in white.  I’m buying the paper today so I’ll post that project soon.  I’ll stop blabbing now and let the photos speak for themselves.








What it looked like at first...


And now dry...Gorgeous :)





That's it for now..

Until next time ;)

~ginny


No comments: