Monday, March 21, 2011

mirror mirror on the table :)

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven’t blogged in a while but I got some new projects to share with you. The first being my plain white ikea night tables.

I’ve always loved the look of mirrored bedroom furniture. Pier 1 carries this gorgeous Hayworth collection that is to die for, but the prices also make me want to die lol.

Maybe if I buy 1 piece every couple months I could get the whole set but then again, I’m an instant gratification kinda person and I just can’t wait.

Well one day I was in my garage and found this shiny silver contact paper and a light bulb went off. I brought it inside and measured out strips to put on my nightstand. After 1 hour of cutting everything to size and xacto-knifing everything perfectly I have to say, I’m extremely pleased with the results. Doesn’t it look better?? I didn’t want to put any of the contact paper on the top because I didn’t want the “tape lines” running across the top and because I still wanted them to match the rest of the furniture. I think I'll do the dresser handles next....

You like?


No comments: